At Bellybean we pride ourselves in using Fair Trade practices.
This also ensures the high quality and workmanship of our pregnancy products.
Our cotton covers are made from organic cotton sourced from mills which run fair trade practices with their primary producers.
Our pregnancy pillow is made here in New South Wales using skilled labour that have safe working conditions and are paid above award rates. Not all pregnancy products are fair trade. In fact the majority of maternity items are products of sweat shop labour.
So what does Fair Trade mean exactly? Fair Trade ensures that all the way through the chain of production workers are paid fair wages and guarantee safe working conditions. There is no allowance for child labour or slave labour.
Here are the main reasons to support Fair Trade.
- Fair trade means fair pay and working conditions for primary producers. Fair trade products are made in safe and healthy work conditions where farmers and producers receive a fair price and have a voice in how their workplace is run.
- Fair trade is better for the environment and supports sustainable practices that minimize our environmental footprint.
- Fair trade means high quality goods. Artisans take pride in their work. Skilled labour make better quality products.
- Fair trade work environments are safe for workers and producers.
- Fair Trade supports communities by working through cooperative structures. Fair Trade is committed to strengthening partnerships between buyers and producers.
- Not only are you getting a better quality product but you are supporting the lives and communities of others.